Monday, July 2, 2012

sin (a prayer)



To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
Merciful God who hears the prayers of the sinful,
O my God, in you I trust,
the Bridge you have built, not the filthy rags I wear.
Let me not be put to shame
Don't abandon my soul to the disease of its decadence.
Let not my enemies exult over me
Don't let me go, ever.
Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame
Glory be.
They shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous
Prone to wander, Lord, am I! Bind me to yourself.
Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
to know them
teach me your paths.
let my feet know them well
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
Creator, King-- also Teacher.
for you are the God of my salvation;
and I have no other hope
for you I wait all the day long.

Pride creeps softly. A cold heart settles in like hardening wax.

For your name's sake, O Lord,
pardon my guilt, for it is great.
for your name is greater than my guilt,
and your mercy, glorifying your name,
predestines, calls, justifies, and glorifies sinners.


Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love,
I belong to a God who owns these things, this mercy and this steadfast love
for they have been from of old
I belong to the God to whom this ancient shepherd prayed
Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
Remember not the sin that clogs my sight right now
according to your steadfast love remember me
according to the blood-spattered Demonstration of your love remember me
for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!
Because all of this, always, is about You.


Psalm 25

No comments:

Post a Comment